Hair is an important thing to support your appearance. Your hairstyles can express your
personality and indicate the state of the body. However, there are some fun facts about
hair that can blow your mind and also extent to your knowledge.
1. A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% of its original length when wet.
2. Hair is made up mostly of keratin. It’s the same protein in animals that made horns, hooves, claws, feathers, and beaks.
3. Hair grows faster in warm weather, because heat stimulates circulation and encourages hair to grow.
4. Hair contains information about everything that has ever been in your bloodstream. Hair commonly used for forensic evidence.
5. Gender can’t be identified by hair. Men’s hair and women’s hair are identical in structure.
6. When a hair is plucked from its follicle, a new one begins to grow.
7. Goosebumps from cold or fear are the result of hair follicles contracting. It’s causing the hair and surrounding skin to bunch up.
8. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.
9. Hair acts as a layer of thermally insulating protection for our heads, which lack the insulation that fat provides for the rest of our bodies.
10. Each strand of hair can support up to 100 grams in weight. Multiply that by the average 100,000 to 150,000 strands on each head, and your entire head of hair could support the weight equivalent to two elephants.
Stay classy and define your excellence with a healthy hair, gentlemen!
Pictures credit: Pexels